Description of the course
Course aim and objective
The aim and objectives of the Rigger competence assessment are to establish that the learner has the required underpinning knowledge, understanding and practical skills to fulfil the role of Rigger safely and effectively.
Course contentsUNIT 1
– Direct and Control the Movement and Placing of Loads (Theory) UNIT 1
– Direct and Control the Movement and Placing of Loads (Practical) UNIT 2
– Prepare and Sling Loads (Theory) UNIT 2
– Prepare and Sling Loads (Practical) Practical exercises
- Exercise 1 Lift Plan simple pre-slung lift – Electrical Motor
- Exercise 2 Lift Plan Restricted access lift – Lifting of Container 20 Ft
- Exercise 3 Lift Plan Restricted access lift – Bundle of steel
- Exercise 4 Lift Plan Load with offset center of gravity - T-s
- Exercise 5 Lift Plan Blind lift – Scaffold tubes and boards
Duration of the training course
The duration of Banksman and Slinger Competence Assessment Module is 1 day.
Price – 390 EUR per person.
Certificate is valid 2 years.
- Trainees wishing to enter this course should be medically fit and capable of fully participating;
- A valid Banksman and Slinger Initial Training Certificate.
The target group for the Banksman and Slinger Training is personnel that wish to become certified competent Banksman and Slingers .
- The maximum number of learners for the Banksman and Slinger Competence training is 12.
- There is a minimum of 3 participants to constitute team, when undertaking practical exercises.
Training approaches and equipment:
- Theoretical tasks with presentations and visualizations;
- Group workshops;
- Case studies;
- Practical exercises in workshops;
- Practical exercises using real-life equipment;
- Professional instructors with industry experience.