Description of the course
This training course primary is intended for any person who is going to become a seafarer or existing seafarers who is going to refresh their knowledge and skills.
To be assigned on Basic Safety training course, participant should present:
- Valid identity document (passport/ID card);
- Seafarer’s Physical examination certificate (international certificate issued in accordance with STCW in EU/EEZ).
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques;
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting;
- Elementary First Aid;
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities.
Certificate is valid 5 years.
The price is 550 EUR.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Basic Safety training course is 5 working days.
Objectives of the courseIn this course the participants should gain the knowledge and skills of:
- Survival at sea in case ship abandonment;
- Fire-fighting techniques;
- Elementary first aid;
- Social responsibilities;
- Pollution prevention.
The course is complies all requirements of Sections A-VI/1-1; A-VI/1-2; A-VI/1-3; A-VI/1-4 of SCTW Code, as well as covers all subject areas recommended by IMO Model Courses 1.19 “Proficiency in Personal Survival Techiques”, 1.20 „Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting”, 1.13 „Elementary First Aid”and1.21 „Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities”.
The course is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations, practical tasks are conducted using different equipment: swimming pool, lifeboat, launching davits, rescue boat, fast rescue boats, life rafts, different fire-fighting equipment and fire-fighting simulator.