Description of the course
The Dynamic Positioning Revalidation course is intended for those who already hold the Nautical Institute DPO certificate but do not have enough or any DP sea time logged.
The course is approved by Nautical Institute Ltd. UK.
The maximum number of participants – 3 persons.
- The original DPO Certificate issued by Nautical Institute;
Course contentsThe DP Induction course covers the following topics:
- Operations of DP system;
- Deal with a system, sensor, thruster failure or environmental change;
- Set up the vessel on DP;
- Move the vessel from setup position to a worksite;
- DP operations;
- DP alarms, warnings and emergency procedures;
- Complete a DP Checklist.
Certificate is unlimited.
The price is 1500 EUR.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the DP Revalidation training course is 5 working days.
Objectives of the course
- DP Rules and Regulations, DP Sensors and PRS;
- DP Set Up, DP Bridge Watchkeeping, Position Keeping;
- Environmental Conditions, Alarms and Indicators;
- Change of DP Watch, Normal Completion of a DP Operation, Operating in Joystick Mode (DP Joystick);
- Emergency Situation, Emergency Performance and Response.
Those who successfully complete this course should have acquired a thorough knowledge of the practical aspects of DP operations. Trainee should be capable of planning and conducting any DP operation, including risk assessment, contingency planning and assessment of vessel capability. Trainee should be able to undertake the operation with due regard to all circumstances of seamanship and operational requirements. Trainee should also be able to respond correctly to any circumstances which could lead to failure and react accordingly to emergency during DP operation.