Description of the course
Crude Oil Washing and Inert Gas Systems training course is designed for Deck and Engine Officers & Ratings onboard oil tankers who have liability for the loading, discharging and care
in transit or handling of oil cargos.
Objectives of the course
Trainees who successfully complete this course can to assume overall charge of a crude oil washing and inert gas systems operation. (IMO Resolution A.446 (XI), as amended by A.497(XII) & A.897(21)).
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- Introduction & General aspects
- of Crude Oil Washing and Inert Gas System;
- Effects of sediments;
- Advantage and Disadvantage
- of COW;
- Requirements to carry out COW:
- Operating and Safety procedure
- of COW, Pressure vacuum valves, Gas freeing;
- Principle of inert gas system;
- Benefit of inert gas;
- Components of inert gas plant;
- Basic requirement
- of inert gas system;
- Basic operating procedure of plan;
- Use of inert gas system during tanker operational cycle;
- Tank washing with water;
- Tank washing atmospheres.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the training course is 2 working days.
The price is 340 EUR per person.
Income requirementsThis course is open to seafarers who have relevant experience appropriate to their duties on oil tankers. To be assigned on Crude Oil Washing and Inert Gas Systems training course, participant should present:
- National passport;
- Seaman’s book.
The maximum number of participants – 3 persons.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations which are supplemented with practical exercises and videos. Practical tasks are conducted on SAFE Cargo - Crude Oil/Products - double hull Model - L3-DPA Simulations Group.