Description of the course
GWO BST Fire Awareness module is primarily intended for personnel working in the wind industry or related fields needing to obtain their GWO BST Fire Awareness Module certificates.
Objectives of the course
On completion of the BST Fire Awareness module the delegates are able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire; knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the related dangers;
- to identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment;
- knowledge of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment, including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures;
- correct actions for discovering a fire including correct use and fire extinguishing using firefighting equipment in a WTG.
The Fire Awareness training course covers the following topics:
- Fire combustion and fire spread;
- Fire Extinction;
- Fire Prevention;
- Firefighting equipment in a WTG;
- Practise and scenario-based training.
Duration of the training course
Certificate is valid 2 years.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations and mock-up of fire fighter outfit and instrumentation are used, practical tasks are based on real scenarios and conducted using following equipment:
- building for smoke and fire drills,
- breathing apparatus,
- fire trays,
- hoses nozzles,
- different type of portable extinguishers,
- firefighting outfits,
The maximum number of participants – 12 persons for theoretical and 6 persons for practical exercises.
Student feedback mark
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BST Fire Awareness (Riga): 4.76
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BST Fire Awareness (Klaipeda): 4.76
The GWO BST Fire Awareness module is approved by Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
- Trainees wishing to enter this course should be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
- Participation in a course according to the GWO standards requires a special identification number for each participant. Each person must have this so-called “WINDA identification number (WINDA-ID)”.
Please register yourself or your employees with the Global Wind Organisation and provide us with your WINDA-ID or enter it directly when registering in our training portal.
Registering for your WINDA-ID is very simple and only requires you to enter your name.