Description of the course
GWO BSTr Fire Awareness module is primarily intended for personnel already working in the wind industry or related fields needing to refresh their GWO BSTr Fire Awareness.
Objectives of the course
- Analyze of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the related dangers;
- Identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment;
- Perform actions of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment, including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures;
- Demonstrate correct actions for discovering a fire including correct use and fire extinguishing using firefighting equipment in a Wind Turbine Generator.
The Fire Awareness Refresher training course covers the following topics:
- Fire combustion and fire spread
- Fire Prevention
- Firefighting equipment in a WTG
- Practise and scenario-based training
Duration of the training course
Certificate is valid 2 years.
Trainees wishing to enter this course should be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
They should also possess valid BST/ BSTr certificates or training records in WINDA for the Fire Awareness module prior to attending BSTr Fire Awareness training.
Student feedback mark
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BSTR Fire Awareness (Riga): 4.85
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BSTR Fire Awareness (Klaipeda): 4.91
The GWO BSTr Fire Awareness module is approved by Global Wind Organisation (GWO).