Description of the course
Personnel who will be working in the wind industry or related fields and will have their duties in a wind turbine environment. Personnel that may need or is selected by their employer to perform advanced rescue or lead an advanced rescue operation, where training according to one or more modules of the GWO Advanced Rescue Training may mitigate the identified risks.
Objectives of the course
The ART modules shall enable participants to perform entry-type injured person rescue operations, in a WTG, using industry standard rescue equipment, rescue methods and techniques, exceeding those of GWO Working at Height.
- All personnel participating in advanced rescue training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
- Valid GWO BST module Working at Heights, GWO First aid and GWO Manual Handling certificates are prerequisites for participation.
- Furthermore, Course Participants shall have created a personal Course Participant profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the training.
The course ratio are 4 participants on 1 instructor.
Student feedback mark
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO Advanced Rescue Training Combined (HSIBR), (NTBR), (SRHSIBR), (SRNTBR) – 4.87
Certificate is valid 2 years.
(Single Rescuer modules – No Expiry )
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Full training course is 3 Days.
Training approaches and equipment:
- Theoretical tasks with presentations and visualizations
- Group workshops
- Case studies
- Practical exercises in workshops
- Practical exercises using real life equipment
- Professional instructors with industry experience
Lesson 1 - Introduction
Lesson 2 - Emergency Response Plan in Your Own Organization
Lesson 3 - Measures to prevent injury during training
Lesson 4 - Head Support during rescue
Lesson 5 - Packaging the Injured person
Lesson 6 - Lowering/Raising Rescue System
Lesson 7 - Hub Rescue Exercise (From Blade)
Lesson 8 - Hub Rescue Exercise 3 & 4 (From Spinner)
Lesson 9 - Evacuation of an injured person from the Nacelle to the Base of the Tower
Lesson 10 - Rescue from Enclosed Space
Lesson 11 - Rescue from Crawl Space
Lesson 12 - Rescue Up
Lesson 13 - Single Rescuer
Lesson 14 - Evaluation
The GWO Advanced Rescue Training is approved by Global Wind Organisation (GWO).