Description of the course
Personnel who will be working in the wind industry or related fields and will have their duties in a wind turbine environment. Personnel that may need or is selected by their employer to perform advanced rescue or lead an advanced rescue operation, where training according to one or more modules of the GWO Advanced Rescue Training may mitigate the identified risks.
Objectives of the course
The aim of this module is to enable the participants to perform rescue operations, in a WTG hub, spinner and inside the blade by using industry standard rescue equipment, methods and techniques, exceeding those of GWO Working at Height.
The Hub Rescue Module shall ensure that the participants are able to:
1) Take responsibility to determine rescue and evacuation strategy, performing rescue operations in a WTG hub, spinner and inside the blade (Knowledge, intermediate level);
2) Explain the concepts of lifting angle, angle factor and deviation considering common risks of hazardous energies and common hazards (Ability, intermediate level).
Student feedback mark
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO Advanced Rescue Training (HSIBRR) – 4.74
Lesson 1 - INTRODUCTION;
Lesson 2 - EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLAN IN YOUR OWN ORGANIZATION;
Lesson 3 - MEASURES TO PREVENT INJURY DURING TRAINING;
Lesson 4 - HEAD SUPPORT DURING RESCUE;
Lesson 5 - PACKAGING THE INJURED PERSON;
Lesson 6 - LOWERING/RAISING RESCUE SYSTEM;
Lesson 7 - HUB RESCUE EXERCISE 1+2 (FROM BLADE);
Lesson 8 - HUB RESCUE EXERCISE 3+4 (FROM SPINNER);
Lesson 9 - OUTSIDE EVACUATION OF INJURED PERSON;
Lesson 10 - TRAINING REVIEW.
Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
The course ratio are 4 participants on 1 instructor.
Certificate is valid 2 years.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Full training course is 1 Day.
Training approaches and equipment:
- Theoretical tasks with presentations and visualizations;
- Group workshops;
- Case studies;
- Practical exercises in workshops;
- Practical exercises using real life equipment;
- Professional instructors with industry experience.
- All personnel participating in advanced rescue training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating;
- Valid GWO BST module Working at Heights, GWO First aid and GWO Manual Handling certificates are prerequisites for participation;
- Furthermore, Course Participants shall have created a personal Course Participant profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the training.