Description of the course
Personnel who will be working in the wind industry or related fields and will have their duties in a wind turbine environment. Personnel that may need or is selected by their employer to perform advanced rescue or lead an advanced rescue operation, where training according to one or more modules of the GWO Advanced Rescue Training may mitigate the identified risks.
Objectives of the course
The aim of this module is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills from the ART Nacelle, Tower & Basement Rescue Module as well as the BST Working at Heights and Manual Handling Modules to enable the course participants to perform injured person rescue operations in a WTG nacelle, tower, and basement, by using industry standard rescue equipment, methods, and techniques.
Overall learning objective:
After having successfully completed this, the Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue Refresher Module, the participants can:
1) Act independently to carry out safe nacelle, tower and basement rescues and take responsibility for the correct order of management in an emergency situation in a wind turbine generator (WTG) environment (Ability, intermediate level)
The participants will show signs of:
1) acknowledging the benefits of having a coordinator in a rescue team, and the responsibility that comes with it 2) taking part in discussing which advanced rescue preparations, and emergency and communication procedures, apply in their own organisation
3) committing themselves to avoid incidents from where they may be exposed to a rescue operation
4) committing themselves to act out this value by demonstrating a pro-active approach and role model behaviour
Student feedback mark
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO Advanced Rescue Training (NTBRR)(WHR)(MHR) – no data
Lesson 1 - INTRODUCTION;
Lesson 2 - EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLAN IN YOUR OWN ORGANIZATION;
Lesson 3 - KNOWLEDGE REVIEW;
Lesson 4 - MEASURES TO PREVENT INJURY DURING TRAINING;
Lesson 5 - MANUAL HANDLING;
Lesson 6 - WORKING AT HEIGHT - RESCUE FROM LADDER;
Lesson 7 - WORKING AT HEIGHT - SELF-EVACUATION;
Lesson 8 - MEASURES TO PREVENT INJURY DURING TRAINING;
Lesson 9 - EVACUATION OF AN INJURED PERSON FROM THE NACELLE TO THE BASE OF THE TOWER;
Lesson 10 - RESCUE FROM ENCLOSED SPACE;
Lesson 11 - RESCUE FROM CRAWL SPACE;
Lesson 12 - RESCUE UP;
Lesson 13 - TRAINING REVIEW.
Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
The course ratio are 4 participants on 1 instructor.
Certificate is valid 2 years.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Full training course is 2 Days.
Training approaches and equipment:
- Theoretical tasks with presentations and visualizations;
- Group workshops;
- Case studies;
- Practical exercises in workshops;
- Practical exercises using real life equipment;
- Professional instructors with industry experience.
- All personnel participating in advanced rescue training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating;
- Valid GWO ART - Nacelle, Tower & Basement; GWO Working at Heights; GWO First Aid and GWO Manual Handling certificates are prerequisites for participation in ARTR. Furthermore, participants shall have created a personal profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the ARTR training.