Aim and objectives
Chester Step Tests are a tried and testing means of gauging fitness, this is done by measuring the heart’s ability to recover from exertion. To achieve this, the test consists of stepping onto and off a 30 cm / 12 inch step at rate set by a metronome. During this test, your heart rate will be monitored and results will be plotted on a graph providing aerobic capacity and fitness.
Duration of the test
Certificate is valid 2 years.
- Consultation with a health professional;
- Completion of the Chester Step Test;
- Report compiled on the test findings.
- Delegates smoking and soft/strong drinks (including coffee) is not allowed 2 hours prior to the test;
- Please bring sportswear for the test.
For work in wind turbine industry and offshore and personnel may also be nominated by their company to complete a Chester Step Test for their job role.