Description of the course
The target group for Crane Operator Initial Training Standard is personnel who have had little or no training and/or experience crane operations.
The aim of the Crane Operator Training Course is to provide the delegate, who has little or no previous knowledge or experience in crane operations up to 30 tons crane, with the basic knowledge and skills required of a Crane Operator and to provide the delegate with knowledge of the lifting principles, general hazards and risks of lifting operations, an awareness of relevant legislation and regulation, and an opportunity to practice basic lifting operations following a lifting plan. Use crane up to 30 tons.
Course contentsIntroduction to Crane Operations:
Crane Operations (up to 30 tons Practical):
- Regulations and safety issues;
- Introduction to lifting roles and equipment;
- Preparing for the lift;
- Carrying out the lift;
- Restoring the work area;
- The roles and responsibilities of an lifting operations team;
- The principles of crane operations.
· Preparation for a crane lifting operation;
· Conducting crane lifting operations.
Duration of the training course
The duration of Crane operator Initial Training Module is 3 days.
The price is 1100 EUR per person.
Certificate is valid 3 years.
- All Crane operator Initial Training participants shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating;
- Medical screening: Completion of a self-declaration of medical fitness form.
Training approaches and equipment:
- Theoretical tasks with presentations and visualizations;
- Group workshops;
- Case studies;
- Practical exercises in workshops;
- Practical exercises using real life equipment;
- Professional instructors with industry experience.
The maximum number of learners for the Crane Operator Initial training programme is 6.
There is a minimum of 3 participants to constitute team, when undertaking practical exercises.