The aim of the Inspection and Examination of Portable Lifting Equipment and Lifting Accessories Training Course is to teach the delegate how to carry out inspection and examination of portable lifting equipment and lifting accessories in accordance with the requirements of LOLER 1998. Typical equipment covered within this training course includes shackles, eyebolts, hooks, fiber slings, chain slings, wire rope slings, shackles, clamps, turnbuckles, hooks, chain blocks, lever hoists and tirfor winches etc.This inspection training course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- To have a basic understanding of the relevant regulations including LOLER 1998, PUWER 1998, and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974;
- To have a basic understanding of the dangers and their responsibilities as a competent person carrying out inspections of lifting equipment, accessories and attachments;
- To be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data and conform to relevant regulations and legislation;
- To be able to locate, identify and explain different types of lifting equipment, accessories and attachments. Examine their basis construction, explain their uses, applications and functions;
- To be able to interpret and extract information from all relevant documentation;
- Explain and demonstrate how to conduct inspection and examination of lifting equipment;
- Carry out all storage and Securing Procedures.