Description of the course
Competence update training course is developed especially for Engineer Officers who are going to revalidate national license.
Objectives of the course
The objective of this course is to introduce the latest developments in the international and national legislation concerning maritime safety, protection and prevention of pollution from ships, as well as knowledge of electricity, automation, steam and gas propulsion systems.
Course contentsThe Competence Updating course dividedon three sections and covers topics in the following areas:
- International conventions and latest amendments;
- EU and Latvian legislation and latest amendments;
- Ships inspections and audits;
- Latest marine accidents analysis;
- Automatic controllers;
- Electrical drawings;
- High Voltage;
- Automation software checking;
- Rankine cycle. Steam turbine principles;
- Steam turbine structure;
- Systems of the propulsion plant. Preparation of systems;
- Gas turbines;
- Main steam boilers;
- Main steam boilers for LNG carriers. Systems of boilers;
- Propulsion turbine operation;
- Main turbine start-up;
- Problem solving;
- Problem solving in electrical automation systems
Duration of the training course
The duration of Competence Updating course (Engineers) is 6 working days.
The price is 750 EUR.
Certificate is valid 5 years.
Entry standardsTrainees wishing to enter this course should have:
- Certificate of competence as officer in charge of an engineering watch.
The maximum number of participants – 12 persons.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations, practical tasks are conducted on the latest version of Engine Room Simulator developed by Transas – ERS 5000. During the training course a use of different case-studies for practical exercises as well.