Description of the course
The course is intended for both Junior and Senior Engineer Officers to improve skills in safe operation, maintenance and faultfinding of electrical and electronic control systems.
Objectives of the courseA trainee successfully completing the course will be able to:
- Understand the principles of electricity generation and distribution;
- Understand the principles and importance of correct synchronization of alternators and Perform load sharing (both active and reactive) between alternators worked in parallel;
- Understand, evaluate, and troubleshootautomatic systems which are responsible for load sharing;
- Perform safe operation electrical systems (e.g. alternators, motors, distribution boards);
- Perform necessary checks of electrical safety devices;
- Read electrical drawings;
- Use electrical measurement equipment;
- Troubleshoot electrical hard-wired and electronic systems.
Course contents1. Electrical drives
2. Maintenance and Troubleshooting of motors and equipment
- Construction and Operation of Single - and Three-Phase AC Motors;
- Principles of Electromagnetic Induction;
- Operating and protective systems.
3. Alternators and distribution boards
- Electrical problem solving techniques;
4. Electronic Circuits
- Single- and Three-phase alternators;
- Brush- and brushless- alternators;
- Automatic Voltage Regulation;
- Distribution boards;
- Synchronization and Operation in Parallel;
- Active and Reactive Load Sharing;
- Voltage regulation.
5. Digital Systems
- Electronic Components;
- Principles of working, characteristics;
- Analogue and Digital Electronic Systems;
- Automatic Control Systems;
- Inverters and AC motor drives.
6. PID regulation
- Logic gates;
- Switches and electromechanical relays;
- Ladder logic;
- Digital automation systems.
- Proportional controlling principles;
- PI controlling principles;
- PD controlling principles;
- PID controlling principles;
- Electronic PID controllers: operation, adjustment.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Electrical Training for Ship’s Engineer Officers is 5 working days.
The price is 544 EUR.
Certificate validity is unlimited.
Course limitations:The training course has the following limitations:
- Minimum number of course participants – 4 persons;
- Maximum number of course participants – 8 persons
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations, practical tasks are conducted on real electrical systems with electrical measurement instruments as well as on Electrical Power Plant of Engine Room Simulator.