Description of the course
Competence update training course is developed especially for Electro-Technical Officers who have completed educational program before implementation of latest STCW requirements (In Latvia – before 01.07.2013).
Objectives of the course
The objective of this course is to amend knowledge, understanding and proficiency of electrical engineers to satisfy requirements of STCW Convention stated in Section A-III/6 of STCW Code.
Course contentsThe Updating training for ship electro-technical engineers covers topics in the following subject areas:
- Monitor the Operate computers and computer networks on ships;
- Maintenance and repair of bridge navigation equipment and ship communication systems;
- Application of leadership and teamworking skills.
- Maintenance and repair of automation and control systems of main propulsion and auxiliary machinery;
- Operation of electrical, electronic and control systems;
- Monitor the operation of automatic control systems of propulsion and auxiliary machinery;
- Operate and maintain power systems in excess of 1000 volts;
Duration of the training course
The duration of Updating training for ship electro-technical engineers is 5 working days.
The price is 840 EUR.
Certificate validity is unlimited.
Entry standardsTrainees wishing to enter this course should have:
- Certificate of Competence as Electro-Technical Officer.
The maximum number of participants – 20 persons.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations, practical tasks are conducted on the latest version of Engine Room Simulator developed by Transas – ERS 5000, practical automation equipment and computers and computer related equipment.
The course is approved by Latvian Maritime Administration in accordance with Section A-III/6 of STCW Code.