Description of the course
This training course is primarily intended for marine electro and technical officers and electricians involved to operate and maintain high voltage marine equipment.
Objectives of the course
In this course the participants will have knowledge and practical skill:
To manage safety aspects, safe work practice methods, deal with troubles, surveys and emergency preparedness on high voltage equipment.
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- High voltage theory, technologies and materials, requirements;
- High voltage plants design aspects;
- High voltage equipment specialties design, parameters, service systems for such equipment as applicable. Commutating and protection system and equipment design;
- Safe work practice regarding potential dangers of high voltage using, documentation, records, check lists, procedures, risk assessment;
- Inspection, checking and testing of high voltage equipment as applicable including proper usage of personal protective equipment, testing equipment;
- Maintenance and basic of repair. System and equipment performance monitoring, surveys and safe preparation for it;
- High voltage equipment and plant troubleshooting and dealing with them;
- Emergency running mode of high voltage installation and preparedness.
Duration of the training course
Including practical exercises the duration of this course is 5 days.
The price is 1200 EUR.
Certificate validity is unlimited.
To apply to the course, a delegate should present COC of Officer in Charge of Engineering Watch, COC of electro-technical officer.
The maximum number of participants is 8 persons.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical knowledge is given using PowerPoint presentations.
Practical skills will be given on real High Voltage installation of MSB, participants will manage testing, and troubleshooting on high voltage equipment, will prepare system for repair, shore based surveys or routine maintenance, act accordingly safety rules applicable to work on High voltage equipment and systems.