Description of the course
This training course is primarily intended for marine engineers on operational level, and for Engine room management staff.
Objectives of the course
In this course the participants will have knowledge and practical skill considering current legislations and company requirements considering SMS, keeping oil filtering equipment in good working order, to deal with troubles, perform surveys of OWS unit and OCM, inspections, requirements records, audits, surveys.
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- Operational principle of oil filteringequipment and oil content monitor;
- ISM, SMS, Company requirements;
- Company structures;
- Oil filtering equipment and control components operational principles, surveys;
- Dealing with bilge water, sludge including all necessary records in oil record book part 1, work with class documents, diagrams. Dealing with oil filtering equipment including troubleshooting, inspections and surveys.
- Dealing with cleaning media o/b.
Duration of the training course
Including practical exercises the duration of this course is 3 days.
The Price is 622 EUR.
Certificate validity is unlimited.
To apply to the course, a delegate should present CoC of Officer in Charge of Engineering Watch.
The maximum number of participants is 6 persons.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations and Engine room simulator.
Practical skills will be given on real Oily Water Separator simulator unit, participants will manage records in Oil record book, act accordingly company SMS requirements.