Description of the course
This training course primary is intended for Masters, Chief Officers and mates going to be engaged in shiphandling operations on board of the vessels equipped with Azimuth Stern Drive, and who already have completed Ship Handling training course, which meets the objectives listed in STCW Code sections A-II/2 and B-V/a.
Objectives of the course
In this course the participants should gain the basic and advanced knowledge of shiphandling principles, maneuvering ASD ships in different weather conditions, with different scenarios in various complexity areas and conditions. Such like approach to Oil Rigs, Semi Subs, VLCC and SBM.
The course is approved by Latvian Maritime Administration, what means that issued certificates are recognized on international level.
- Basic principles and forces acting to a ship;
- ASD maneuvers;
- Wind and current effects;
- Shallow water effects and ship to ship interaction;
- Maneuvers on ships with unusual maneuvering characteristics.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the SH-ASD training course is 3 working days.
The price is 840 EUR.
Certificate is unlimited.
Training approaches and equipment:
- Professional and certified instructors with specific ship handlin experience;
- Practical exercises with various scenarios, ship models and shipping areas;
- Latest equipment: Transas NTPRO 5000 full mission bridge simulator.
The course is conducted for groups of max 4 persons.