Description of the course
This training course is designated for ships navigational officers and management team already holding ECDIS (IMO Model course 1.27) certificate and willing to improve their proficiency in use of ECDIS and confidence in order to improve results of inspections and audits, and to get thoroughly acquainted with OCIMF VIQ, SIRE, CDI or TMSA procedures.
Objectives of the courseA trainee successfully completing this course will ensure ECDIS operation in accordance with international and commercial requirements and recommendations:
- Prepare ECDIS and implement Company SMS, Industry requirements;
- Review passage plan elements and safety parameters on ECDIS;
- Recognize most common observations and deficiencies regarding ECDIS;
- Conduct effective navigational audits in regard to ECDIS.
Course contentsThe training course covers the following topics:
- Industry Recommendations for ECDIS Familiarization;
- Use and Analysis of ECDIS guidelines (incl. NP231, NP232, NP5012, VIQ, OCIMF Best Practice)
- Route Planning on ECDIS (Elements and Automatic/Manual review of passage plan);
- Preparation of ECDIS before departure (Safety Parameters, Sensors, Area Alerts etc);
- Monitoring and Watchkeeping on ECDIS (Playback, Past track and logbook review);
- Chart Updates and Corrections (AIO, T&P, Navtex and Navarea warning management);
- Frequent Inspection/Audit ECDIS system and Officer Competency observation analysis;
- Conduct of efficient Navigational Audit regarding use of ECDIS as primary means of navigation.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the ECDIS assessor training course is 2 working days.
The price is 550 EUR per person.
Entry StandardsTrainees wishing to enter this course should have ECDIS operation experience and preferably should present:
- ECDIS (IMO Model course 1.27) certificate / Guarantee of ECDIS experience.
Training approaches and equipment:
Remote or on-site training is available.
Theoretical lessons are given using latest publications and PowerPoint presentations, practical tasks are conducted on Transas/Wartsila Navi-Sailor 4000 simulator.
Remote courses are passed by means of Webinars on Zoom platform, publication access on Google Drive and access to ECDIS simulator on Remote PC platform.
The course is conducted for groups of 3 participants.