Description of the course
This training course is designated both for candidates for certification
as officer in charge of a navigational watch and for experienced navigational officers and other persons with responsible duties in navigation work.
Objectives of the course
The main objectives of the course
to know how to operate the Navi-Sailor 4000 ECDIS and contribute to safe Navigation by performing all functions and tasks required for ECDIS familiarization.
The course is approved by manufacturer Wartsila (Transas Ltd).
Course contentsThe course covers the following topics:
- ECDIS User Interface;
- Abbreviations Used in the User Interface;
- User Interface and Keyboard Keys Equivalents;
- Running ECDIS Tasks;
- Chart handling and updating (Navi-Planner 4000);
- Navigational Tools and Marine Information Overlays;
- Handling Routes / Route planning;
- Selecting and monitoring performance of Navigational Sensors;
- Route monitoring and Alarm management.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the ECDIS training course is 2 working days.
The price is 389 EUR per person.
Certificate is valid 5 years.
Entry StandardsTrainees wishing to enter this course should hold:
- Certificate of ECDIS course STCW Convention and IMO Model Course 1.27 “The operational use of electronic chart display and information systems”.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations and industry guidelines on ECDIS familiarization.
Practical tasks are conducted on Transas NT Pro 5000 ECDIS simulator, with remote access. It’s mandatory to have a good internet connection and to use laptop or PC during the course. Use of tablets or mobile phones is not acceptable and will restrict the user access to training simulator.
The maximum number of participants – 3 persons per one group.