Description of the course
This training course primary is intended for Masters, Chief Officers and mates who are engaged or going to be engaged in ice navigation.
Objectives of the course
In this course the participants should gain the knowledge and skills of operation in polar waters, autonomous navigation in ice, navigation with ice-breaker assistance, as well as mooring operations in ice conditions.
The course is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration.
The course is certified in accordance with Section B-V/g of STCW Convention.
Course contentsThe Ice Navigation course covers the following topics:
- Types of ice. Basic ice physics;
- Preparation of a vessel for ice navigation;
- Autonomous passage in any ice conditions;
- Effects of ice accretion on vessel’s stability;
- Planning a passage in ice covered waters;
- Ice classification of ships;
- Principles of ice-breaker operations;
- Navigation with ice-breaker assistance;
- Mooring operations in ice covered harbors.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Ice Navigation training course is 4 working days.
The price is 840 EUR.
Certificate is unlimited.
To be assigned in Ice Navigation training course, participant should present National License.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations, practical tasks are conducted on Transas NTPRO 5000 full mission simulator.
The maximum number of participants – 5 persons.