Description of the course
This training course primary is intended for Masters, Chief Officers and mates going to be engaged in Ship to ship (STS) operations.
Objectives of the course
In this course the participants should gain the basic and advanced knowledge of ship to ship principles, taking in count maneuvering characteristics of ships, different weather conditions, different propulsion systems and special arrangements.
- Basic principles and forces acting on a ship;
- Ship’s Rudders and Propellers;
- Understanding Position of Pivot point;
- Communication type and use of communication skills;
- Approaching and Fendering technique;
- Maneuvering and unmooring of the Ship in different weather conditions;
- Control heading, speed and position during approach and departure;
- Cast OFF;
- Emergency maneuvering, Holding Position of the vessel with own propulsion, with hose still connected;
- Decision making and short term strategy.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the STS training course is 3 working days.
The price is 556 EUR.
Certificate validity is unlimited.
Trainees wishing to enter this course should have a minimum certificate of competence as officer in charge of a navigational watch and should present appropriate diploma/certificate.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations, practical tasks are conducted on Transas NTPRO 5000 full mission simulator.
The maximum number of participants – 4 persons.