Description of the course
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- Introduction and safety;
- Practical exercises in departure/approach from/to the vessel;
- Launching and recovery of the boat;
- Maneuvering between the buoys, maneuvering in the water flow;
- Radio communications;
- Mooring/unmooring operations;
- Theory of the propeller operation principles, of the maneuvering;
- Safety precautions and personnel’s responsibility.
Objectives of the courseAfter completing of this course the participants will be able to:
- Depart and approach a vessel;
- Launch and recover the boat taking into account the current; • Maneuver between the vessels and cargo;
- Communicate using portable UHF radio stations;
- Coordinate the correct embarkation and disembarkation of the persons to and from the ship;
- Evaluate the possible risks during operations;
- Moor and unmoor the mooring lines to or from the tug.
The price is 498 EUR.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Work Boat handling training course is 2 working days.
The course programDAY 1
- Course introduction. Launching of the boat taking into account the current (practice);
- Departure from the vessel (practice);
- Approach to the vessel (practice);
- Maneuvering between the buoys (practice);
- Radio communications (practice);
- Debriefing. Boat operations (theory).
- Embarkation and disembarkation of the persons to/from ship (practice);
- Approach to a fast moving vessel (practice);
- Maneuvering in the water flows (practice);
- Mooring and unmooring in the operations with the tugs (practice).
This course has been specially designated for the personnel working on the heavy-lift’s work boat. It has been made for the improvement of their safety awareness and understanding of the behaviour of the boat in the water.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations, practical tasks are conducted using different equipment:
- fast rescue boat (with outboard engine – 225 HP) or with Water Jet and launching davits,
- dry suits,
- FRB’s equipment,
- full mission bridge simulator (model: fast rescue boat with 2 engines),