Description of the course
This training course is designated for shore based personnel and shipboard personnel in all departments (deck and engine) and all levels (management, operational, support), who are required to comply with the provisions of the ISM Code and ISPS Code on cyber security treats and risk management.
- Meaning and importance of cyber security and safety management;
- Industry requirements including IMO, ISM Code, ISO/IEC 27001 etc.;
- Plans and procedures for cyber risk management;
- Best practices for cyber risk management;
- Risk assessment process including identification of treats and vulnerabilities and development of detection and protection measures;
- Difference between IT and OT systems;
- Secure use of common devices that can potentially be used by cyber attackers;
- Response and recovery from cyber security incidents.
Objectives of the course
A trainee successfully completing this course should be able to explain the importance of cyber security and implement protection measures in the workplace against cyber treats and recognize such cyber-attacks and react properly to them.
Training approaches and equipment:
- Online video and audio interaction;
- Professional instructors with industry experience;
- Group workshops;
- Practical exercises in interactive workbooks.
Training course is in compliance with industry requirements such as TMSA and OCIMF SIRE
and has been developed taking into account ISM Code and IMO requirements, BIMCO Guidelines and DNV-GL Recommended practices.
The price is 130 EUR.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the CSGA training course is 1 working day.