Description of the course
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- Legislative Requirements;
- Recognition of Confined Spaces;
- Proper gas detection equipment and methods;
- Personal Protective Equipment;
- Hazard Control;
- Atmospheric testing;
- Rescue equipment and basic techniques;
- Lock-out/Tag-out review;
- Confined Space Permits;
- Equipment selection, care and maintenance;
- Roles and responsibilities;
- Vertical Entry;
- Use of gas detection;
- Safe access and egress;
- Use of emergency escape sets.
- To correctly identify hazards and assess associated risks.
- To demonstrate safe entering in confined space and emergency procedures for work at wind turbines
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Confined Space Entry Course is 1 working day.
A one-day course which includes awareness and knowledge modules, instruction in the correct use of atmosphere testing equipment and self-rescue escape breathing apparatus. With practical exercises in the correct method of entry to a confined space and self-rescue.
Trainees wishing to enter this course should be medically fit and capable of fully participating. Trainees must also provide valid photographic ID such as a Passport or ID card. Trainees must be 18 years old or over.