Objectives of the course
On completion of the course the learner/trainee should be able to demonstrate sufficient understanding and knowledge of leadership and teamworking and have the relevant skills to competently carry out the duties of officer in charge of a navigational watch on ships of 500 gross tonnage or more.
- Working knowledge of shipboard personnel management and training;
- A knowledge of related international maritime conventions and recommendations, and national legislation;
- Ability to apply task and workload management;
- Knowledge and ability to apply effective resource management;
- Knowledge and ability to apply decision-making techniques
The program meets the latest requirements of STCW Convention and IMO Model Course 1.39 “Leadership and Teamwork”