Description of the course
ISM Familiarization course is designed for ship personnel, who are involved into matters of safety and pollution prevention.
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- Application of the ISM Code
- Terms and definitions
- Objectives of the ism code
- Safety and environmental protection policy
- Company responsibilities and authority
- Designated person(s)
- Master's responsibility and authority
- Resources and personnel
- Development of plans for shipboard operations
- Emergency preparedness
- Reports and analysis of non-conformities, accidents and hazardous occurrences
- Maintenance of the ship and equipment
- Company verification, review and evaluation
- Part B - certification and verification
Objectives of the course
The objective of the course is to acquire basic understanding
of the ISM Code such as background and purpose, requirements and interpretations including certification procedures.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations which are supplemented with practical exercises and case-studies.
The program is opened for every seafarer.
To be assigned on ISM Familiarization training course, participant should present:
- National passport
- Seamen’s book,
The price is 130 EUR.
Duration of the training course
Duration of the training course – 1 day.