Description of the course
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- Responsibilities of the Designated Officer;
- Purpose of VOC emission control;
- MARPOL Annex VI,
- Regulation 15;
- VOC generation systems in crude oil (ref. section 3 of VOC Manual);
- Crude oil tanker pressure control/release systems (ref. section 2 of VOC Manual);
- Methods and systems for the control of VOC emissions (ref. section 4 of VOC Manual);
- Ship specific methods and systems for the control of VOC emissions (ref. section 4 of VOC Manual);
- Methods for monitoring and recording of VOC emissions (ref. section 5 of VOC Manual);
- Hull and its pressure limitations (ref. section 1 of VOC Manual).
Objectives of the course
Trainees who successfully complete this course can implement the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) Management Plan onboard Tankers in line with IMO MEPC.1/Circ.680, section 6.
The price is 130 EUR.
Duration of the training course
Duration of the training course - 1 day (5 hours).
Volatile Organic Compounds training course is designed for all those involved with the implementation of the VOC Management Plan onboard Vessels.
To be assigned on course, participant should present:
Training approaches and equipment:
Course provided by a mixture of lecture, case studies, exercises and final exam.