Description of the course
Seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board a ship which is required to comply with the provisions of the ISPS Code on the business of that ship as part of the ship’s complement without designated security duties.
To be assigned on Security-awareness Training Course the participant should present national passport and seaman’s book.
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- Maritime security policy;
- Security responsibilities;
- Threat Identification, Recognition, and Response;
- Ship Security Actions;
- Contingency planning, drills and exercises.
The price is 120 EUR.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Training Course is 1/2 working day.
Objectives of the course
Those who successfully complete this course should be able:
- Contribute the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness;
- Recognize security threats;
- Understand the need for and methods of maintaining security awareness and vigilance.
The course complies with all requirements of the STCW Convention Chapter VI, Sections AVI/6 and Table A-VI/6-1 of the SCTW Code.
The course is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration.