Description of the course
Ship Security training program aims to provide knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and responsibilities as a Ship Security Officer (SSO), as defined in section A/2.1.6 (and section A/12) of the ISPS Code and in section A-VI/5 of the STCW Code, as amended, and in particular the duties and responsibilities with respect to the security of a ship for implementing and maintaining a Ship Security Plan and for liaising with the Company Security Officer (CSO) and with Port Facility Security Officers (PFSOs).
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- Maritime security policy;
- Security responsibilities;
- Ship Security Assessment;
- Security Equipment;
- Ship Security Plan;
- Threat Identification, Recognition, and Response;
- Ship Security Actions;
- Contingency planning, drills and exercises;
- Security Administration;
- Security Training.
Objectives of the courseThose who successfully complete this course should be able to undertake the duties and responsibilities as Ship Security Officer, as defined in section A/12.2 of the ISPS Code and in section A-VI/5 of the STCW Code, as amended, which include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and supervising the implementation of a ship security plan;
- Assessment of security risk, threat and vulnerability;
- Undertaking of regular inspections of the ship to ensure that appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained;
- Ensuring that security equipment and systems, if any, are properly operated, tested and calibrated;
- Encouraging of security awareness and vigilance.
The course is developed in accordance with STCW Convention and STCW Code, as amended.
The course is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations.
To be assigned on SSO training course, participant should present national passport, Seaman’s Book, documental evidence of sea service of at least 12 month as officer.
The price is 340 EUR.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Training Course is 2 days.