Description of the course
This training course primary is intended for existing seafarers who has done Basic Safety Training course and are intended to work on Passenger Ships.
Objectives of the courseAfter completing this course the participants will be able to:
- Control a crowd in an emergency situation on board;
- Locate essential safety and emergency equipment on board;
- Communicate effectively with passengers during an emergency;
- Demonstrate the use of personal life-saving appliances;
- Comply with the ship’s safety and emergency procedures.
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- Life-saving appliances and equipment, control plans;
- Assistance to passengers en route to muster and embarkation stations;
- Mustering procedures;
- Communication with passengers in emergency situations;
- Personal life-saving appliances.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Training for Passenger Ships Personnel training course is 1 working day.
The price is 150 EUR.
Certificate is valid 5 years.
Income requirementsTo be assigned on the Training for Passenger Ship Personnel training course, participant should present:
- National passport;
- “Basic Safety Training” Certificate.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations, movies about passenger ships’ accidents, practical tasks are conducted using different equipment: lifejackets, lifebuoys, immersion suits, lifeboats, liferafts, etc
The course is complies all requirements of the STCW Convention and Section A-V/2 (pa.1 and 2) of the SCTW Code, as well as covers all subject areas recommended by IMO Model course 1.28 “Crowd Management, Passenger Safety and Safety Training for Personnel Providing Direct Services to Passenger sin Passenger Spaces”.
The course is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration.