Description of the course
This training course primary is designed for every seafarer who has done full Training for passenger ships personnel (Crowd-Crisis Management), the certificate has expired.
Objectives of the courseAfter completing this course the participants will be able to:
- Control a crowd in an emergency situation on board;
- Locate essential safety and emergency equipment on board;
- Communicate effectively with passengers during an emergency;
- Demonstrate the use of personal life-saving appliances;
- Comply with the ship’s safety and emergency procedures.
- Organize the safe movement of vehicles and passengers when embarking and disembarking;
- Control all elements of cargo safety and hull integrity;
- Monitor and control atmosphere in ro-ro cargo spaces;
- Organize shipboard emergency procedures;
- Optimize use of resources;
- Control response to emergencies;
- Control passengers and other personnel during emergency situations;
- Establish and maintain effective communications;
- Apply properly the procedures established for the ship regarding loading andembarkation;
- Apply any special safeguards, procedures and requirements regarding the carriage of dangerous goods on board ro-ro passenger ships;
- Apply correctly the provisions of the CSS Code to the vehicles, rail cars and other cargo transport units carried;
- Use properly the cargo-securing equipment and materials provided, taking into account their limitations;
- To be able to make proper use of the stability and stress information provided;
- Calculate stability and trim for different conditions of loading, using the stability calculators or computer programs provided;
- Calculate load factors for deck;
- Calculate the impact of ballast and fuel transfers on stability, trim and stress;
- Apply properly the procedures established for the ship regarding the opening, closing and securing of bow, stern and side doors and ramps and to correctly operate the associated systems;
- Conduct surveys on proper sealing;
- Use equipment, where carried, to monitor atmosphere in Ro-Ro spaces;
- Apply properly the procedures established for the ship for ventilation of Ro-Ro spaces during loading and discharging of vehicles, while on voyage and in emergencies.
Course contentsThe training course covers the following topics:
- Life-saving appliances and equipment, control plans;
- Assistance to passengers on route to muster and embarkation stations;
- Mustering procedures;
- Communication with passengers in emergency situations;
- Personal life-saving appliances;
- General design and layout of the ship;
- Safety regulations;
- Emergency plans and procedures;
- Initial assessment and provision of an effective response to emergency situations in accordance with established emergency procedures;
- Leadership skills;
- Stress handling;
- Human behavior and responses;
- General reaction patterns of passengers and other personnel in emergency situations;
- Establishment and maintenance effective communications;
- Provision of relevant information to passengers and other personnel during an emergency situation, keeping them apprised of overall situation and communication of any action required of them;
- Loading and embarkation procedures;
- Carriage of dangerous goods;
- Securing cargoes;
- Stability, trim and stress calculations;
- Opening, closing and securing hull openings;
- Ro-Ro deck atmosphere.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the training course is 1 working day.
The price is 200 EUR.
Certificate is valid 5 years.
Training approaches and equipment:
- PowerPoint presentations, online video and audio interaction to facilitate the delivery of training through lectures, group exercises and discussions;
- Professional and certified (as per STCW Code, section A-I/6) instructors-assessors with industry experience.
Training course content has been developed to meet the requirements of STCW Regulation V/2 (pa.6,7 and 8) of STCW Convention and Sections A-V/2.2, A-V/2.3 A-V/2.4, A-V/2.5 of STCW Code.
The course is conducted for groups from 1 to 8 participants.