Description of the course
This course is designed for all crew members of ships equipped with MES and for those crew members assigned as MES crew members.
Every system party member shall, as far as practicable, be further trained by participation in a full deployment of a similar system into water, either onboard a ship or ashore, at intervals of no longer than two years, but in no case longer than three years.
Course ObjectiveAfter completing the course, the delegates will be able to:
- Know and safely use various types of escape chutes and LSA used on Passenger vessels / Ro-Pax;
- Control the crowd and organize the safety measures, that must be applied during abandon ship;
- Understand what delegates are required to do when exiting the escape chute.
Course content in accordance with the IMO model course 1.23, 1.19 STCW 2010 A-VI/1-1 and A-VI/2-1 related to launching of MES and boarding of survival craft by MES and SOLAS Ch. III Reg. 19 § 3.3.8. The Training course covers the following topics:
- Life-saving appliances;
- Emergency equipment;
- Passenger emergency & stress management;
- System abandonment.
Training approaches and equipment
- Theoretical tasks with presentations and visualizations;
- Group workshops;
- Case studies;
- Practical exercises in workshops;
- Practical exercises using real life equipment;
- Professional instructors with industry experience.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the training course is 4 hours.
The price is 240 EUR per person.
Certificate is valid 3 years.
The course is complying all requirements of the STCW 2010 A-VI/1-1 and A-VI/2-1 related to launching of MES - VEC (Viking Evacuation Chute) and boarding of survival craft by MES and SOLAS Ch. III Reg. 19 § 3.3.8.
NOVIKONTAS TRAINING CENTER
- All Viking Evacuation Chute training participants shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating;
- Medical screening: Completion of a self-declaration of medical fitness form.