Description of the course
This training course is intended for personnel who are required to inspect and report defects and damage to cargo spaces, ballast tanks and tanker deck structures.
Objectives of the courseThose who successfully complete this course should be able:
- Carry out a tank inspection in order
- to provide vessel and office/vetting with sufficient information regarding present condition of cargo, ballast tanks and deck structures;
- Follow the procedures to distinguish between normal and defective or damaged parts of vessel structures;
- Identify those elements of the vessel structure that are critical to vessel safety;
- Report defects and damage to cargo spaces, ballast tanks and deck structures;
- Make decisions about repairs or necessary maintenance/surface preparation and preventive treatment.
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:1. Tank inspection:
2. Onboard Maintenance:
- Tank configuration and nomenclature;
- Typical structural defects;
- Tank inspection process and technique;
- Reporting of tank condition and protective coating.
- Types of corrosion and critical areas;
- Preventing and removal of corrosion;
- Decision making approach in repairs or necessary maintenance/surface preparation and preventive treatment.
Duration of the training courseThe duration of the Cargo, Ballast Tanks and Tanker Structures Condition Assessment training course is 2 working days (14 hours). The training course is divided into two parts:
- Theoretical part takes up to 30%,
- Practical part takes up to 70%.
The price is 278 EUR per person.
Income requirementsTo be assigned on Cargo, Ballast Tanks and Tanker Structures Condition Assessment training course, participant should present:
- national passport, if in Tr. Center
The maximum number of participants - 6 persons, when the course is on-line.
Training approaches and equipment:
To meet learning objectives theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations, practical exercises are taken from DNV - Ship Survey Simulator (SuSi).