Description of the course
Personnel who will be working in the wind industry or related fields and will have their duties in a wind turbine environment, usually in physical contact with a wind turbine or an offshore wind structure. Personnel that perform job functions that have been risk assessed by their employer or their workplace duty holder as a function, where training according to one or more modules of the BST standard may mitigate of the identified risks
Objectives of the course
The aim of this BST Module is to enable participants to administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment, in accordance with GWO First Aid training through theoretical and practical training. Furthermore, this training will enable the participant to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED).
The BST First Aid Module shall ensure that:
- The participants are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out First Aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) hereunder the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines (L2 – Knowledge)
- The participants are able to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of injuries and illness related to the human body (L1 – Skills & Knowledge)
- The participants are able to demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment (L3 – Skills & Knowledge)
- The participants are able to demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the primary survey “C” – A - B - C including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) (L3 – Skills)
- The participants are able to demonstrate correct use of the Secondary Survey (L3 – Skills)
- The participants are able to demonstrate correct use of Primary and Secondary Survey including the use of First Aid equipment in a First Aid scenario (L3 – Skills)
The GWO BST First Aid Module module is approved by Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
Lesson 1 - Introduction
Lesson 2 - Risks/Hazards/Legislation
Lesson 3 - Anatomy
Lesson 4 - Management of an incident
Lesson 5 - Lifesaving First Aid Using Primary Survey (“C”-A - B - C)
Lesson 6 - Secondary Survey
Lesson 7 - Scenario-Based Training
Lesson 8 - Evaluation
Duration of the training course
The price is 220 EUR per person.
Certificate is valid 2 years.
- All personnel participating in training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating;
- Furthermore, participants shall have created a personal participant profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the BST training.
Student feedback mark
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BST First Aid (Riga): 4.79
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BST First Aid (Klaipeda): 4.78
Training approaches and equipment:
- Theoretical tasks with presentations and visualizations
- Group workshops
- Case studies
- Practical exercises in workshops
- Practical exercises using real life equipment
- Professional instructors with industry experience
The maximum number of participants – 12 persons.