GWO BST Manual Handling module is primarily intended for personnel working in the wind industry or related fields needing to obtain their GWO BST Manual Handling Module certificates.
Objectives of the course
On completion of the BST Manual Handling Module the delegates will be able:
- to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic work location;
- to identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase their risk of developing muscular/ skeletal injuries;
- to demonstrate understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment;
- to identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods;
- to demonstrate a problem solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment and Manual Handling risk reduction techniques.
The GWO BST Manual Handling module is approved by Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
The Manual Handling training course covers the following topics:
- Risks & Hazards;
- Spinal anatomy and posture;
- Planning Lifts;
- Risk Control and Lifting Techniques;
- Behavioural Safety;
- Scenario-based training.
Duration of the training course
Certificate is valid 2 years.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations, practical tasks are based on real scenarios and conducted using following equipment: First Aid kit, different types of splints, braces, bandages, dressings, human-sized dummy for ABC, resuscitation equipment, Neil-Robertson stretcher.
The maximum number of participants – 12 persons.
Student feedback mark
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BST Manual Handling (Riga): 4.79
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BST Manual Handling (Klaipeda): 4.86
Description of the course
- Trainees wishing to enter this course should be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
- Participation in a course according to the GWO standards requires a special identification number for each participant. Each person must have this so-called “WINDA identification number (WINDA-ID)”.
Please register yourself or your employees with the Global Wind Organisation and provide us with your WINDA-ID or enter it directly when registering in our training portal.
Registering for your WINDA-ID is very simple and only requires you to enter your name.