The course is primarily intended for personnel working in the wind industry or related fields needing to obtain their GWO BST Working at Heights Module certificates.
Objectives of the course
On completion of the course the learner/trainee should be able:
- To demonstrate sufficient understanding and knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to a wind turbine generator (WTG);
- Current national legislation regarding working at heights; correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc.;
- Correctly inspect, service, store and correctly fit relevant PPE, e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arrest lanyards and work positioning lanyards;
- Correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards (including correct identification of anchor points and correct conduct on ladder);
- Correct use of evacuation devices; approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently.
The GWO BSTr Working at Heights module is approved by Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
The Work at Height training course covers the following topics:
- Vertical fall arrest systems;
- Fall arrest lanyards;
- Work positioning lanyards;
- Backup systems for exercises;
- Practical exercises;
- Workshop: risks and hazards;
- Emergency procedures
- PPE review;
- Rescue Device;
- Suspension trauma;
- Rescue exercises
Duration of the training course
2 working days.
The price is 350 EUR per person.
Certificate is valid 2 years.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations, practical tasks are conducted using the Working at Heights simulator facility at Novikontas Energy.
The maximum number of participants – 12 persons for theoretical
and 4 persons for practical exercises.
Trainees wishing to enter this course should be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
Student feedback mark
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BST Working at Heights (Riga): 4.76
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BST Working at Heights (Klaipeda): 4.82
Description of the course