GWO BSTr Working at Heights module is primarily intended for personnel already working in the wind industry or related fields needing to refresh their GWO BSTr Working at Heights.
Objectives of the course
- Identify hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to a wind turbine generator;
- Perform visual inspection of Personal Protective Equipment, e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arrest lanyards and work positioning lanyards;
- Correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct conduct on ladder;
- Assess emergency situation and correct use of evacuation devices;
- Approach rescue situations on ladder and use rescue equipment efficiently.
The GWO BSTr Working at Heights module is approved by Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
The Work at Heights training course covers the following topics:
- Knowledge review,
- PPE Review exercises,
- Measures to prevent injury during training,
- Individual practical review exercises,
- Practical exercises, group.
Duration of the training course
Certificate is valid 2 years.
Trainees wishing to enter this course should be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
They should also possess valid BST/BSTr certificates or training records in WINDA for the Working at Heights module prior to attending BSTr Working at Heights training.
Student feedback mark
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BSTR Working at Heights (Riga): 4.8
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BSTR Working at Heights (Klaipeda): 4.83
Description of the course