Description of the course
Program is designed for ship’s catering personnel, whose responsibilities include food preparation, serving and storage, including stock control.
Course contentsThe Training course covers the following topics:
- International regulations;
- Hygiene in household systems;
- Infections and products;
- Ship’s sanitary – epidemiologic environment;
- Hygiene in relation to the crew;
- Organizing the food storage;
- Food and products. Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points;
- Sanitary requirements for personal directly connected to the food.
Objectives of the course
Those who successfully complete this course should be able to store food properly and observe good personal hygiene providing catering services on board.
The course complies with all requirements of the Maritime Labour Convention Reg. 3.2.
The course is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration.
Training approaches and equipment:
During training course theoretical lessons are given using PowerPoint presentations.
To be assigned on Hygiene requirements on board ships Training Course the participant should present national passport and Basic Safety Training Certificate.
The price is 100 EUR.
Duration of the training course
The duration of the Training Course is 1 working day.