Description of the course
The Basic Technical Training Bolt tightening module are targeted at candidates who have no previous experience of working with energy powered bolt tightening, but may also be used to upskill candidates who have some knowledge but not of its application in wind turbines.
Course Aims and Objective
The aim of this module is to prepare participants for company specific bolt tightening training, through scenario-based training.
After having successfully completed the BTT Bolt Tightening Course, participants will have the:
1) Act independently to safely plan, carryout and complete generic bolt torquing and tensioning tasks to specification using energy powered equipment (Ability, intermediate level).
GWO BTT BOLT TIGHTENING Course is approved by Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
Lesson 1 - Introduction;
Lesson 2 - Bolt tightening in the wind industry;
Lesson 3 - Framing the scenario: Bolt torquing using energy powered tools;
Lesson 4 - Pre-task phase: Planning and preparation;
Lesson 5 - The task phase: Safely and correctly torque bolts using a combination of electrical and hydraulic tools;
Lesson 6 - Post task phase: Pack up and review;
Lesson 7 - Framing the scenario: Bolt tensioning using energy powered tools;
Lesson 8 - Pre-task phase: Planning and preparation;
Lesson 9 - The task phase: Safely and correctly tension bolts using hydraulic tools;
Lesson 10 - Post task phase: Pack up and review;
Lesson 11 - Using mechanical handling aids with bolt tightening tasks;
Lesson 12 - Training review.
Duration of the training course
The duration of BTTB course is 1 day.
The price per group is 780 EUR.
The price for 3 BTT modules (Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic) is 800 EUR.
Price for full 4 BTT modules (Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic and Bolt Tightening) is 1450 EUR.
Price for full 5 BTT modules (Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, Bolt Tightening and Installation) is 2100 EUR.
- All personnel participating in Basic Technical Training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
- Furthermore, participants shall have created a personal Participant Profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the BTT training.
- In order to attend the BTT Bolt Tightening module, participants must first be certified in the BTT Mechanical module.
Training approaches and equipment:
- Theoretical tasks with presentations and visualizations;
- Group workshops;
- Case studies;
- Practical exercises in workshops;
- Practical exercises using real life equipment;
- Professional instructors with industry experience.
The maximum number of participants is 12 persons.