Description of the course
The Basic Technical Training modules are targeted at candidates who have no previous experience of hydraulic, mechanical, electrical or installation systems, or working with energy powered bolt tightening, but may also be used to upskill candidates who have some knowledge but not of its application in wind turbines.
Course Aims and Objective
The aim of this BTT Installation Module is to give the participants the knowledge and skills to carry out basic installation tasks (supervised by an experienced technician), using safe working procedures and the correct PPE. After having successfully completed the BTT Installation Module, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the main installation activities (Knowledge, basic level);
- Discuss the overall risks and hazards associated with the installation environment (Knowledge, intermediate level level);
- Discuss the checklist system throughout the complete installation process (Knowledge, intermediate level level);
- Describe the characteristics of the installation environments (Knowledge, basic level);
- Recognise the principles and standards for handling and storing goods and components onsite or within a storage area, before and after installation (Knowledge, basic level);
- Discuss the basic principles of the lifting equipment (Knowledge, intermediate level level);
- Describe the basic preparation of main components before installation (Knowledge, basic level);
- Describe the basic mechanical completion (Knowledge, basic level);
- Perform the basic electrical completion including the principles and standards for handling and installing cables (Skills, intermediate level level);
- Describe the basic hydraulic completion (Knowledge, basic level);
- Recognise the principles of operating external generators during installation (Knowledge, basic level);
- Recognise the basis of how to do a handover to commissioning (Knowledge, basic level).
GWO BTT Installation Module is approved by Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
Student feedback mark
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BTT Installation (Riga): 4.83
Lesson 1 - Introduction;
Lesson 2 - Introduction to Installation;
Lesson 3 - General procedures for working onsite with installation;
Lesson 4 - Installation environments;
Lesson 5 - Handling and storing;
Lesson 6 - Lifting operations;
Lesson 7 - Main component preparation, pre-assembly and assembly;
Lesson 8 - Principles of mechanical completion;
Lesson 9 - Principles of electrical completion including cable work;
Lesson 10 - Principles of hydraulic completion;
Lesson 11 - Principles of operation with external generators;
Lesson 12 - Introduction to handover to the commissioning;
Lesson 13 - Summary and theoretical test;
Lesson 14 - Training review.
Duration of the training course
The duration of BTTI Module is 2,5 days.
The price is 900 EUR per person.
The price for 3 BTT modules (Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic) is 800 EUR.
Price for full 4 BTT modules (Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic and Bolt Tightening) is 1450 EUR.
Price for full 5 BTT modules (Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, Bolt Tightening and Installation) is 2100 EUR.
- All personnel participating in Basic Technical Training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating;
- Participants must complete the BTT Mechanical module before attending the Installation module
Training approaches and equipment:
- Theoretical tasks with presentations and visualizations;
- Group workshops;
- Case studies;
- Practical exercises in workshops;
- Practical exercises using real life equipment;
- Professional instructors with industry experience.
The maximum number of participants is 12 persons.