Description of the course
The Basic Technical Training modules are targeted at candidates who have no previous experience of hydraulic, mechanical, electrical or installation systems, or working with energy powered bolt tightening, but may also be used to upskill candidates who have some knowledge but not of its application in wind turbines.
Course Aims and Objective
Aims and Objectives for the BTT Mechanical Module The aim of this BTT Mechanical Module is to give the participants the knowledge and skills to carry out basic mechanical tasks (supervised by an experienced technician), using safe working procedures and the correct PPE After having successfully complete this BTT Mechanical module, the participants will have the ability to:
- Describethe main components, mechanical systems and basic operation of wind turbines (Knowledge, basic level);
- Discuss risks and hazards associated with mechanics (Knowledge, intermediate level);
- Explain the principles of bolted and welded connections and their inspection (Knowledge, intermediate level);
- Apply manual tightening and measuring tools (Skills, intermediate level);
- Recognise the principles of a gearbox (Knowledge, basic level);
- Recognise the function of the brake systems (Knowledge, basic level);
- Perform inspection of brake systems (Skills, intermediate level);
- Recognise the function of the yaw system and how to inspect it (Knowledge, basic level);
- Recognise the function of the cooling system (Knowledge, basic level);
- Perform inspection of the cooling system (Skills, intermediate level);
- Recognise the function of the lubrication system (Knowledge, basic level);
- Perform inspection of the lubrication system (Skills, intermediate level).
The GWO BTT Mechanical Module is approved by Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
Student feedback mark
Average student feedback mark for training course GWO BTT Mechanical (Riga): 4.75
Lesson 1 - Introduction;
Lesson 2 - Mechanical introduction;
Lesson 3 - Mechanical safety;
Lesson 4 - The principles of bolted and welded connections;
Lesson 5 - Use of manual tightening and measuring tools;
Lesson 6 - Gearbox;
Lesson 7 - Braking system;
Lesson 8 - Yaw system;
Lesson 9 - Cooling system;
Lesson 10 - Lubrication system;
Lesson 11 - Summary and theoretical test;
Lesson 12 - Training review.
Duration of the training course
The duration of BTTM Module is 1,5 days.
The price is 400 EUR per person.
The price for 3 BTT modules (Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic) is 800 EUR.
Price for full 4 BTT modules (Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic and Bolt Tightening) is 1450 EUR.
Price for full 5 BTT modules (Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, Bolt Tightening and Installation) is 2100 EUR.
- All personnel participating in Basic Technical Training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
- Participation in a course according to the GWO standards requires a special identification number for each participant. Each person must have this so-called “WINDA identification number (WINDA-ID)”.
Please register yourself or your employees with the Global Wind Organisation and provide us with your WINDA-ID or enter it directly when registering in our training portal.
Registering for your WINDA-ID is very simple and only requires you to enter your name.
Training approaches and equipment:
- Theoretical tasks with presentations and visualizations;
- Group workshops;
- Case studies;
- Practical exercises in workshops;
- Practical exercises using real life equipment;
- Professional instructors with industry experience.
The maximum number of participants is 12 persons.