Description of the course
- The target group for the Initial Training programme is personnel that require offshore installation and vessel escape chute training in addition to BOSIET, FOET, T-BOSIET or T-FOET.
- The course is for all personnel involved in working on offshore platforms, drilling rigs or vessels globally, particularly in the Norwegian Sector
The aim of the training programme is to give delegates an understanding of how escape chutes are used as a means of tertiary escape from offshore installations and vessels and provide basic training in the use of a typical escape chute.
The objectives are:
a) To make delegates aware of the various types of escape chutes used on offshore installations and vessels.
b) To provide theoretical and practical training in the safe techniques for escaping through an escape chute.
c) To ensure delegates understand what they are required to do when exiting the escape chute.
MODULE 1 Escape Chute Systems Used Offshore
ELEMENT 1.1 Escape chute systems and Escape Chute Use (Theory)
ELEMENT 1.2 Escaping via an Escape Chute (Practical)
Duration of the training course
The duration of the training course is 2 hours.
Certificate is valid 4 years.
- All Escape Chute Initial Training participants shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
- Medical screening: Completion of a self-declaration of medical fitness form.
Training approaches and equipment:
- Theoretical tasks with presentations and visualizations;
- Group workshops;
- Case studies;
- Practical exercises in workshops;
- Practical exercises using real life equipment;
- Professional instructors with industry experience.
The course ratio are 16 participants on 1 instructor.